after our penultimate paper, I bumped into Ros, my first year classmate, in the Uni toilet. We decided to have a catch up date either dining out or cooking together.
Ros has been a vegetarian for 4 years with a story behind it. She stayed in Prague for a week, eating meat stew, meatballs, meat soup, meat this meat that, and got sick of meat and since then converted to a vegetarian.
so i thought, oh no, what presentable vegetarian dish have I got to share with her??
鱼香茄子? has got mince pork.
蕃茄炒蛋?doubt it would be nice without chicken breast
凉伴?vinegar pickled cucumber?
干扁四季豆??it's only long green beans with pepper, nice as a side dish but to eat it with rice only as dinner? I would make do with that myself
sooooooooooo, I said, Ros, teach me how to make your favourate dish
We made Enchilidas!! a Mexican wrap somewhat similar to fajita. It was that easy to make, quick and simple. All we had to do was stir fry the ingredients, stir in the sauce paste and shredded mature cheddar, wrap it in tortilla and pop it into a preheated oven till the cheese melts and voila!I made it yesterday with my housemate Steph but i added chicken breast, and a tad too little sauce as topping, but my 2nd try should somewhat resemble Ros's =p
1. stir fry sliced mushroom, onion, capsicum, chicken breast.
2. stir in canned pineapples, canned sliced olives
3. mix one lump of tomato puree with little bit of water, add in dashes of paprika as seasoning.
4. stir in tomato paste and shredded extra mature cheddar.
5. wrap fillings in tortilla, placing them in the centre but leave spaces at the margins.
6. simply roll up the tortilla longituidinally from both sides, the toppings will hold it in place.
7. dribble remaining tomato paste on top of the wraps and sprinkle more shredded cheese on top.8. bake in preheated oven ( 180 degree? i set mine at 200 coz I am that impatient, but the tortilla wrap came out crispy like biscuit - it's suppose to be soft ) till cheese melts.